We have a long tradition of former SPHS students that return to assist, passing down what they've learned in tech, school, and industry to current students and advisors alike.
Alumni can join the crew alumni list on Google Groups. If you don't have a Gmail account, contact us to sign up.
A brief statement of intentions for SPHS Tech Crew alumni and volunteers, circa 2012.
- cater to the learning of students, through hands-on instruction and guidance
- avoid taking over projects that could be completed by students
- enlist the help of students (rather than other alumni) to complete tasks
- communicate with other alumni with regard to high level plans to prevent stepping on toes
- attempt to display a somewhat uniform front to students, especially with regard to safety
- remove ourselves from the process and let the students take the wheel, particularly during performances
- provide guidance with regard to safety as far as how the fixtures are physically mounted/hung, but otherwise allow students to design the sound/lighting plots and program the equipment
- make their level of commitment known, regardless of the resulting availability
Ellie Leikin (1999 - 2015) (photos)
Porter Tawes (1939 - 2016)
Sharon Folts (1962 - 2016)
Last Modified: 2017-06-16
Copyright © 2016-2020 SPHS Tech Crew, licensed under a Creative Commons License. Some rights reserved.